• Successful IT and training project and people manager with experience implementing software packages for large (20,000+) global organizations across multiple multilingual markets with exacting needs.
• Innovative and creative, certified project management professional (PMP) and ScrumMaster (CSM) with a 10+ year history of designing, developing, and leading successful classroom, blended, and online learning programs.
• Flexible, successful professional comfortable balancing multiple competing priorities in a large dynamic environment with experience leading diverse teams through superb planning, communications and interpersonal skills.
Sarah Lynn Kiley
Information Technology | Project Management | Instructional Design
Learning Consultant / Learning Project Manager – Philips – Healthtech, Service Education
Work period: Nov 2019 – Current
- Lead, plan, manage, and implement a new LMS for 700+ e-learning courses and 16,000+ internal and external Service Education students globally.
- Manage all aspects of LMS deployment, including: communications, training, documentation, and change management. Meet with key stakeholders, develop new workflows and processes around course development, deployment, and operations, determine implementation, communication, and change management plans, work collaboratively with end users, stakeholders, IT, and management to ensure adoption, and address post go-live workflow challenges.
- Develop and deliver customized systems training, communicate complex technical processes into simple and easy concepts for learners, and integrate training with communications plans.
- Maintain accurate reporting to meet FDA auditing requirements and work closely with reporting stakeholders to ensure course standards are being met.
- Support external and internal customers and look for ways to LEAN processes post go-live. Find unique and innovative solutions to the technical challenges that serve the educational goals and needs of the customer, the service education development team, and the operations team.
Learning Consultant – Philips – Healthtech, IXR and EDI Businesses
Work period: May 2017 – Nov 2019
- Plan, manage, and deploy a new LMS (Learning Management System) for 10+ markets in 7+ languages for the Image Guided Therapy Business (2017-2019)
- Support Healthcare Informatics Business in their usage of the LMS. Address unique needs and find creative solutions for challenging training issues while maintaining high quality and reporting standards (2017-2019)
- Coordinate the translation efforts of both the LMS user interface and course training materials. Solicit vendor proposals, work with both language and technical SMEs, and monitor final product
- Act as the expert resource for course design and creation on the LMS using sound instructional design principles and adhering to established technology standards. Establish new quality protocols to allow for a more rapid response to emerging customer needs.
Epic Training Manager – Johns Hopkins Medicine
Work Period: 2/15 – 5/17
- Lead the creation of a highly integrated and coordinated training strategy across software applications and develop, execute, monitor, control, and close project plans for the overall training strategy for the entire Johns Hopkins enterprise, comprising 10,000+ individuals.
- Coach training team members and provide constructive feedback, advice, and best practices.
- Complete performance evaluations, make hiring decisions, analyze the effectiveness of trainers, designers, technologists, e-learning developers, techniques, programs, and associated end-user outcomes and develop and implement improvement programs and strategies.
- Define training system scope and objectives for identified applications/programs requiring build and development. Develop plans for implementation of learning solutions for specific user populations while adhering to strict budget and time requirements.
- Assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately.
- Provide system analysis and technical design for ongoing training environments.
Epic Training Optimization Project Lead – Johns Hopkins Medicine
Work Period: 4/14 – 1/15
- Develop plans to optimize current curriculum and reduce classroom time and costs using e-learning technologies.
- Lead optimization projects for the Epic training program. Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies to ensure that projects are on time, within budget, and adhere to high quality standards.
- Understand and interpret clinical and non-clinical workflows, processes, and terminology in order to translate information into educationally sound training content.
- Interface with instructional designers, instructional technologists, and e-learning developers to design and test e-learning and blended learning solutions.
- Review program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program optimization.
Senior Instructional Designer – Johns Hopkins Medicine
Work Period: 9/11-4/14
- Manage all technical resources for the Epic Project Training Team, including administrating the Learning Management System (LMS), the Epic Training Portal Website, the Epic SharePoint site, and virtual software training environments.
- Develop e-learnings, evaluations, assessments, adhering to established standards and instructional design principles.
- Serve as the expert resource on all training materials. Review work of trainers, instructional technologists, e-learning developers, and instructional designers for compliance and consistency with established standards, styles, and forms.
- Provide guidance to Instructional Designers on complex training problems.
- Develop training products that are current with the literature on general learning and training theories and educational practice in health care clinical and business professions.
- Collaborate with a variety of training managers, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), business owners, clinicians and hospital business employees across the enterprise to produce timely, relevant training courses and materials.
Instructional Technologist – Stanley Black & Decker
Work Period: 2/10—9/11
- Manage Video Production team and resources, and eLearning for the CDIY Division. Manage Multimedia Production Coordinator and advise on Internship program. Serve as a resource on technical and interpersonal matters.
- Create a variety of online training materials for Black & Decker University, including courses, assessments, instructional videos, graphics, and Flash animations.
- Collaborate with a variety of training managers, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), product managers, brand managers, and brand and marketing employees to produce timely, relevant training courses and materials.
- Administrate Learning Management System (LMS) and Video Deployment System (SBDUTube). Serve as expert resource on all problems, questions, and concerns regarding LMS and BDUTube. Support integration of LMS across all divisions within Stanley Black & Decker.
- Evaluate new communication and training delivery methods and advise on the ongoing development of said methods. Serve as an expert resource on these methods for other learning professionals across the company.
Senior Academic Technology Specialist in Digital Arts -- Goucher College
Work Period: 1/05-1/10
- Supervise and train a team of 8-15 student Digital Arts Specialists. Perform hiring functions, complete annual and semi-annual evaluations, develop team-building strategies and a motivational system, coordinate scheduling efforts and provide opportunities for professional development.
- Develop the Digital Arts Program at Goucher College. Work collaboratively with students and faculty to develop training and programming for the community.
- Create project and communication plans for the annual Digital Arts Showcase and Digital Arts Contest. Manage all aspects of the event, including on and off-campus advertising, submission and selection processes, guest speakers, and financial and technology considerations.
- LearnShare, Certpoint LMS, Blackboard, Ingeniux CMS. HorizonWimba, WebEx, Intercall, thePlatform
- Current versions of Windows, Mac OS. Some Linux experience (Ubuntu).
- Current versions of Adobe Suite, including Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop, Audacity, Sound Forge, Final Cut Pro, Quark, ULead Video Studio, iLife, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, including Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, ComicLife, Celtx, Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate 360, including Storyline
- Master of Arts in Writing at Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, Maryland, 2008. GPA: 3.95.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Theatre at Goucher College Baltimore, Maryland, 2003.GPA: 3.75. Degree with Honors and Distinction.
CERTIFICATIONS, AWARDS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), 2016-Present
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP), 2014-Present
- Epic Security Coordinator Certification, 2013 EpicCare Ambulatory Certification, 2011
- Stanley Black & Decker “Stand Out” Award, Q1 2011
- Stanley Black & Decker University “Creating the Experience” Award, Q3 2010
- AIGA Board Member, New Tech Chair, 2008-2010
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa of Maryland
- Philips Manager Recognition Awards: 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Philips Peer to Peer Recognition Award: 2021